Monday, January 2, 2012

{ bookworm }

first of all, happy holidays!!! i have taken a lot of time away, yes i know.  now that school is done (or that i have some more free time than i did last semester), and the holidays are over, i can get back to my creative escape... this.

my holidays were spent with family.  the rest of the time has been spent with my nose in a book alongside the fireplace in the living room with coffee or vino in hand (a girl can only take so much talking about the future and her aspirations with her parents). one of my brother's friends handed me the girl with the dragon tattoo for my first endeavor. i wasn't too thrilled once i finished it that same day and pondered that something like this may be a better use for the book:
(imagine one of these done by guy laramee on your bookshelf)
or maybe something like this?
regardless, i started to look for something with a little more mystery. i was thinking of resorting back to my favorite mystery writer, mary higgins clark, before I decided to branch out and discovered the pawn by steven james.  while in search for his next novel, the rook, if you have any other recommendations (doesn't have to be mystery) let me know. 

1 comment:

  1. hi! came across your blog from Honestly WTF...was looking thru DIY bracelets haha. i love all your pics on your blog! my all time fave mystery author is Agatha Christie. She wrote in the early 1900's and it is amazing how clever and relevant her writing is. shes written so many that i am nowhere near done reading all of her books!

    ReplyDelete